Lynguent has been developing Hardware Description Language compilers since 2001. We have developed a set of Hardware Description Language (HDL) compiler tools specializing in Analog and Mixed Signal (AMS) languages.
These compilers are used as front and back ends of a graphical Integrated Modeling Environment, but we also offer them as independent software modules that can be used in a variety of electronic design applications, such as:
- Semiconductor and/or system design flow components.
- Parser front ends for proprietary simulators.
- Generation of simulator-specific compact models in C
- HDL Pretty printing
- Coding style enforcement, such as uniform use of comments, constructs, or compliance with naming conventions
- Code transformation
- Documentation generation for models and libraries
- Report generation for entire designs
We also have expertise in integration with Cadence DFII and OA, and can incorporate the tools with design databases.
- Front End HDL parsers
- LYIR: C++ Internal Representation, a superset of all supported languages.
- Application Programming Interface (API) that significantly eases the operations on the internal representation.
- Python language binding for the LYIR and the API
- Diagnosis module that verify ability to export to specific simulators.
- Back End HDL generators
- Documentation-generation modules.